Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Mississippi
Make your time in the water in Mississippi as peaceful as possible by having boat/watercraft insurance. Whether your watercraft is always or occasionally in water, it faces several risks like collision, theft, vandalism, and much more. At Tackett Insurance, Inc., we can help you protect your boat/watercraft in times of such risks.
In Oxford, MS, it’s not mandatory to have boat/watercraft insurance; even so, it’s beneficial to protect your investment against unforeseen circumstances. Plus, some Mississippi lenders make it a requirement for financing your watercraft.
It’s important to understand what coverage options suits you the best before making a purchase. Here are some of the coverage options to help you make an informed decision.
- Navigational Area Coverage: This repairs or replaces your boat/watercraft when a covered risk occurs in a covered mileage area in the water.
- Liability Coverage: This covers any bodily injury liability and property liability towards a third party should you be responsible for an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Coverage: Since boat/watercraft insurance isn’t mandatory, most boaters don’t have it. This coverage protects you, your passengers, and watercraft should you be hit by an uninsured/underinsured boater. It also comes in handy during hit-and-runs.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Covers losses towards your watercraft that are not due to a collision. They include theft, vandalism, fire, and much more.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal Coverage: In case your watercraft sinks or is seriously damaged, it could spill oil/fuel in the water. This coverage will cover fuel and wreckage removal costs.
- Boat/watercraft insurance covers most of the risks that your watercraft may face. That said, there are a few exceptions such as damages from marine animals and tear & wear. Find an experienced local agent at Tackett Insurance, Inc. in Oxford, MS to help you understand what option suits you the most. We offer affordable insurance policies, so, contact us today to get a quote.
Request a Quote
SERVICING THESE STATES